We of this mighty western Republic have to grapple with the dangers that spring from popular self-government tried on a scale incomparably vaster than ever before in the history of mankind, and from an abounding material prosperity greater also than anything which the world has hitherto seen. As regards the first set of dangers, it behooves us to remember that men can never escape being governed. Either they must govern themselves or they must submit to being governed by others. If from lawlessness or fickleness, from folly or self-indulgence, they refuse to govern themselves, then most assuredly in the end they will have to be governed from the outside. They can prevent the need of government from without only by showing that they possess the power of government from within, a sovereign cannot make excuses for his failures; a sovereign must accept the responsibility for the exercise of the power that inheres in him, and where, as is true in our Republic, the people are sovereign, then the people must show a sober understanding and a sane and steadfast purpose if they are to preserve that orderly liberty upon which as a foundation every republic must rest.
President Theodore Roosevelt
Jamestown Exposition April 26, 1907
Pastoral Medical Association Constitution
A mere 100 years ago when Theodore Roosevelt made his notable speech in Jamestown, the Founders of this great country and many states had long before invoked the name of almighty God, prayed His blessings over their constitutions and ordained that they were founded on His Supreme Law. These wise founders understood the destructive potential of secular government; understood that it is inherent in man with his arrogance, greed and lust for power to control what is possible to control, and to destroy what is not. Fortunately, these wise believers of yesteryear made provision in their constitutions to restrain the generations from adjudicating God’s law, from impeding His workers or from the secular or ecclesiastical controlling one another. While each are best left to go about their respective business unrestrained by the other, it is this idea of separation taken too far, the displacement of divine wisdom from secular governance that inspires the dissonance of Mankind in this new century. Many inquiries that proceed to the superior courts, prayer in school being one, have already their answers and are only debated because we have departed from founding principles, have cast divine wisdom from secular governance and man now rules as if he is God. Such is the sin of human ego, such is the ability of man to destroy himself, to ignore, impede and suppress the very wisdom intended to save him.
Departure from divine wisdom affects every aspect of our lives and most importantly, life itself. The Almighty’s instructions for life and health have been removed from modern health care and have been cast from the pulpits of today’s churches. We send our congregations in ignorance to the altar of science for all ailments and the result is clear, this new millennium realizes health care crisis on a scale never afore known. The very science we turn to for health has become one of the largest threats to health and His children truly are dying for lack of knowledge. Believers must step forth and take responsibility for our health care crisis, we must work to restore the Almighty’s wisdom to health care and more importantly to the pulpits, the very root of where such knowledge should issue forth.
The Almighty proclaimed that following His instruction would assure the health and salvation of mankind, therefore this is our purpose, our responsibility as believers and this is the work we shall do in His name. We present this Constitution hereby establishing a private ecclesiastical association to go forth sharing scriptural wisdom for health. We shall call this form of worship appropriately “Pastoral Science & Medicine” because it is our sincerely held religious belief and conviction that;
- Almighty God created the heavens and earth. He is the first, the Sovereign, the Supreme from which we derive life and all that we have, all that is.
- Almighty God endowed mankind with wisdom through His Word, and this is the Supreme instruction for health and healing, for all life.
- Almighty God bestowed upon mankind all things natural, whether food or medicine, whether the laying of hands, whether counsel or prayer or whether another remedy not contrary to the Word. He gave these things to heal the suffering; fife gave them as divine tools for His workers
- Almighty God hath placed His mark upon us, that we shall be His Workers. We bear the Right & Responsibility to go forth in His service to aid and assist all creatures, man and animal, applying the tools with which we are entrusted, which are indigenous to believers and which we hold sacred.
- Almighty God in his infinite wisdom hath called many workers and we come together from many faiths and beliefs with one common goal. We do not judge one belief against another nor healer against healer, we are one assembly of healers with one mission and together we hold these convictions.
The secular and the ecclesiastical must work in unison to attend mankind’s health challenges. This Pastoral Medical Association shall be charged to go forth and restore Pastoral Science & Medicine as a viable private ecclesiastical health care option operating in harmony with secular medicine, and assuring that the Creator’s instruction for health is delivered efficiently, effectively and in accordance with the divine word.
This Constitution was originally ratified December 12, 2010 and amended on the 12th day of January, 2013.
©2013, Pastoral Medical Association. All rights reserved.